January Fashion Picks: Casual, Warm, Chic
Aside from my normal hefty servings of black and grey, I really love a good neutral beige/blush/taupe outfit. Oh, and I still need a proper winter coat. I feel like I've been saying this for years but every year rolls around and I still don't end up buying one. My friend Blair scored a great puffer coat from J Crew that's incredible quality and it wasn't as astronomically priced as similar offerings by brands like Canada Goose.
1. The Wilfred Free Libre T-shirt from Aritzia is one of my stnad-by favourites. I have this shirt in 3 different colours and right now they're on sale for $25 so it's a great time to stock up or try them for the first time. They're incredibly soft and they have this great loose comfortable fit. I like that the V neck is deep enough to be feminine but the sleeves are slightly long (they fall just above the elbow for me) so it just looks chic and cool. I'm loving this blush shade. Just a word of warning, do not wash these in hot water and put them in the dryer because they will shrink. I wash mine in the machine with cold water and then hang them to dry.
2. This Truly Madly Deeply Oversized Tunic from Urban Outfitters ($44) is just plain cool. I love the feel of the fabric (again, I am a fabric junkie and you can find great-feeling fabrics at all price points if you look hard enough) and the rich mocha shade and interesting shape makes it easy to style a ton of different ways.
3. Aside from a simple black blazer (my favourites are from H&M, BCBG and Helmut Lang), a light brown coloured faux fur vest is a great way to dress up a plain t-shirt or tunic. It adds great texture and warmth and it makes the outfit look more sophisticated while keeping it still casual. The one featured here from Chicwish is on sale for $42 and you can get an extra 20% off if you spend over $70 on the site!
4. I like to keep it as simple as possible when it comes to jewelry and my love for interesting dainty rings knows no bounds. This Evil Eye ring from Shashi fits the bill. It's $44 and you can buy it at Shopbop!
5. The above-mentioned long belted puffer coat from J Crew is $298 and comes in black, dark charcoal, navy and ivory (the latter being on sale for $219).
6. High-top sneakers!!! These Nike Blazer vintage sneakers ($100) are amazing. The perfect piece to keep a look casual but still sophisticated. I love this smoky beige colour but it comes in a darker burgundy option as well if you're a klutz like me and are constantly tripping/scuffing your shoes.
Which of these pieces do you like? Have you made any style goals for this year?