In & Out: VIII
So sorry for the lack of posts this week, I've been doing the school-work-sleep routine, with moderate twitter action in between.
It's been quite a busy week so it's time for an IN & OUT post:
- Bobbi Brown creamy concealer. It's almost running out and I hate that I can't get it in my city or online, so I will have to drive to the USA (~45 minutes) for another pot. I like it THAT much. (Plus, it's also a great excuse to browse around stores that my lame local mall doesn't have :)
I don't want to try anything else... although maybe the Benefit Erase Paste seems to have a similar consistency... has anyone tried both by any chance? Only downer is that Benefit comes in 3 shades, and Bobbi Brown comes in about 20.
- Drinking 2 L of water a day... even though I'm constantly running to the bathroom
- Kandee's Costume Makeup tutorials. So good and so much fun to watch! What a lovely, creative woman. Her videos are always uplifting.
- only getting one thing from Style Black, and it's not even make-up (it's the volcanic ash exfoliator). I'm holding up well, this is the first thing I bought out of the 4 latest collections MAC has put up. I may Back 2 Mac for a Dazzleglass Creme but that will have to be done when I go to the American mall with a freestanding MAC store.
- Harper's Bazaar magazine. I think it's slowly beginning to be my favourite. I've been buying Elle, Haper's and Vogue for the past few months and I always seem to lean to Harper's to re-read. Mostly because they feature an awesome style under $500 section that's a little bit more reachable than the $3000+ outfits featured in the latest Vogue editorial. I love high fashion, but I also enjoy it more when magazines mix and match.
I also really love Harper's Buy/Keep/Store page featured in every month, with tips on what key items to update your closet with and what to stow away for the next season.
I really wish I could have better access to French and Italian Vogue, I am really unimpressed with the American version...
- acne from stress. Leave my face already!
- GOSH velvet touch primer. Oil control capabilities = zero. Makes foundation application smoother so I guess I'll finish it up, but I don't love it.
- Heidi Montag. No reason needed.
- homework piling up... speaking of which, I have to get my butt off to school and catch up on some work.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine will consist of studying and working shifts starting at 7 AM all weekend. Boo.