Getting back into bronze and gold... (FOTD)
After a long love affair with cool-toned browns, greys and taupes for most of fall and winter this year, I decided to slightly change things up last night before heading out with some friends.
I've been in a bit of a makeup rut lately. My hair is in dire need of a change, my face is paler than its ever been, and I just needed a bit of a kick... so out with the pinky nude lips and dark smokey taupes, in with some bronze and a slight hint of cherry on the lips!
Here's what I had on:
- Estee Lauder Silver Leaf DoubleWear cream eyeshadow all over the lid. This was limited edition but you can get the same result by priming your lid with MAC's new Dangerous Cuvee paint pot from their Champ Pale collection.
- Bare Minerals Nude Beach eyeshadow in the inner corner
- NARS Fez eyeshadow everywhere else (all over the lid and on the lower lashline). A perfect dupe for this would be Mulch by MAC.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
- Makeup Forever Smoky Lash Mascara
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (Shade #5)
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
- NARS Laguna Bronzer
- NARS Mounia Blush
- Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Linen Beige (#317)
- mixed in a TINY drop of Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque for a bit of a cherry red kick
Sadly the Dior gloss is discontinued but it looks like this:
Dior tend to "recycle" lipgloss colours and always have similar shades coming out.
If you're in need of a nice opaque non-sticky pigmented shimmery dark golden beige gloss... look closer at Dior's Addict gloss range.
They're great, you get a ton of product and shades like this are perfect for wearing alone when you have a nice tan or for taming wilder lip colours (or adding an extra shimmery punch if needed!)
That's my story for now! Have you been trying to change things up lately?
Hope you're all starting the week of right :)