Good evening (or morning, wherever you may be)
I have survived 4 out of 5 exams thus far and with my last one being a couple of days away I found it fit to relax, take a break, and do a little blogging.
"The 8 Most Worn Things"
This is a really fun tag and it's been going around for quite some time, basically talking about 8 of our most worn items out of an array of categories. Unfortunately I only had my iPhone camera to capture the images but it'll do for now. Here goes...
The Chosen Ones:
1. LIPSTICK - Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in #1 "Nude Beige"
A great nude shade, glides on effortlessly, has a slight sheen to it, smells divine, very pigmented. It is definitely the lipstick I reach out for the most. I always put it in my bag before I head out anywhere.
2. EARRINGS - small studs. These are half white gold, half yellow gold, with a small diamond in the white gold part. I received them as a special present from my dad when I turned 12 and I still wear them all the time. Sentimental value.
3. SHIRT - a black V-neck T-shirt from Express is my favourite and certainly my most worn. I've worn it out with jeans, with skirts, lounging around the house, etc. I took this shirt with me when I went to Europe both times this year, and it was my go-to shirt when I was out of ideas. I bought it over a year ago and it was on sale for 7 dollars or something like that. I wish I would have gotten more - I can't seem to find the exact same kind anymore. I didn't put it on for a picture or anything since it's just a plain ol' black V-neck short sleeved T-shirt :)
4. NAIL POLISH - while at the moment I'm obsessed with the dark rich hues of Chanel's Vendetta and the minty freshness of Essie's Mint Candy Apple, my "Old Faithful" of nail polishes lies in my beautiful bottle of OPI's "Parlez-vous OPI?". It's the more purple cousin of the famous Sephora OPI "Metro Chic". I own both and I prefer the OPI. It has a very rich and creamy consistency and the colour goes with anything, summer, spring, winter or fall. Since I suck at doing swatches and something always goes terribly wrong with my manicures (yesterday I had a breadcrumb stuck on my pinky - go figure) here is a swatch from a great nail blog Vampy Varnish - it's a very accurate swatch:
*sigh* maybe one day my nails will stop looking like a 5th grader's.
5. SHOES - while technically my most worn shoes are the shoes I wear to work (old run-down Coach tennis shoes), no one wants to see that. So instead I will pick out my most-worn high heel. I love shoes and am always rotating pairs, but this is definitely my go-to.
They are high (120 mm, I believe, maybe more) and dramatic while still comfortable and rather simple. They go with a myriad of different outfits and are not likely to go out of style anytime soon. I've owned them for almost 2 years now. They are by Barbara Bui, and I don't remember what the style name is. I bought them from Nordstrom, but I know Shopbop.com carries the shoe range as well.
6. HAIR PRODUCT - I don't wear bobby pins or hairspray often (they seem to be the most popular choices for this category), my hair is generally let loose to its own will or pulled back loosely in one of those big claw-like clamps. But those are hair accessories, not products. Anyways, from the product realm, there is really only one star for me, and it's Aveda's Volumizing Tonic. I have been using this for over 2 years and have no intention of trying anything else. It's a medium-sized brown glass spray bottle, and I spray it about 3 times on damp hair after towel-drying it, focusing at the crown. I then let my hair air dry or proceed to blow-dry. When I don't use it, my hair is limp an boring. With it, I feel like it gives the little bit of "oomph" that we all want from our hair. I even have the giant bottle that I just use to refill the small one :)
7. PERFUME - this is another one that I am always switching up, but ever since I bought Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, it has been my go-to evening fragrance. I play around with scent combinations during the day, but for night-time, this one always wins.
8. HANDBAG - Pictured in one of the photos above, it is my newly acquired Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 in Damier canvas. I bought it this October in Rome after debating it for months. I finally gave in. I never had an everyday purse I could just throw on and go, my Speedy now fulfills that purpose. It also goes with 90% of my wardrobe since I tend to stick to simple black and neutrals most of the time. It used to bother me that they're not made of leather, but now I like it. It doesn't scratch or stain from water, which makes it even more ideal as an everyday bag for me.
What are your 8 most worn "old faithfuls"?