So unfortunately I'm ending March on a rough note... coughing, sneezing and wheezing with a cold, but I thought it would be fun to do a little summary of "what I've learned":
- that I don't need eyeshadow as badly as I thought I did.
Doing the "eyes of March" challenge made me realize that in times of trial, I relied on simple eyeliner and mascara, and the eyeshadows I really appreciate in my collection aren't the unique shimmery numbers, but rather matte shadows. A couple of good neutrals and some paint pots are all I really need. Expect some sort of blog sale soon, and maybe a post on my favourite matte crease colours.
- that Vicks Vapour Rub is a necessity when my nose is congested
- that I can't resist a good black ankle boot...
I just bought these today from Stuart Weitzman on my little trip to Toronto (had to get the store to order them from a different location because they didn't have any in my size) and in about a week they should be in my hands :)
- MANGO has amazing necklaces... go check them out if you have a store nearby. Most of them in the $40-$50 range, I didn't get any yet because I didn't want to go too crazy on my Toronto trip but there were a few pieces that I really really loved, so I'm just spreading the word haha
- that Aveda remains one of my favourite brands for haircare
- that Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk is quite overrated, I'm afraid. I do like it and think it's a good foundation but not worth its $60 price tag. When my skin was too oily or too dry it just didn't work - I suppose it would deliver best results to someone with perfectly normal skin.
What have you learned this month?