What better way to wind down on a Sunday evening than by writing my first instalment of "Skincare Sunday"? One skincare product diced, chopped, tried out and reviewed by yours truly for all Sundays left in this year :)
I'm a skincare enthusiast. I get excited reading about active ingredients and there's nothing I love more than the feeling of trying out something that works (shout out to La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo, the little tube that never lets me down).
I hope you'll enjoy my weekly skincare blurbs as much as I enjoy writing them!
Without further ado, I'd like to showcase today's little pot of wonder:
Origins Plantscription SPF 25 Oil Free Cream
I got this in the mail from the kind people at Origins about 2 months ago and I've been testing it out regularly since. Canadian winters are painfully longer than regular winters so my skin, which is usually oily, has been more normal during these months.
I dip the end of a clean Q-tip in the pot (to keep things sanitary) and pick up about a dime-sized amount of cream, which is enough to spread over my whole face and neck. It leaves my skin looking plump and glowy. It makes for a lovely primer before foundation. The formula is rich in anti-oxidants and has an SPF of 25 which is pretty decent. It's heavier in texture than the Murad Essential-C moisturizer (which I still absolutely adore and recommend) which makes it more suitable for combination/dry and normal skins. There is also a formula that is not oil-free that caters to dry/more mature skins. If you're combination oily to oily, it might be a bit too much for you. It's not cheap, but a little goes a long way. I've been using it regularly over the last 6 weeks or so, and have barely made a dent!
To sum it up, here's what I love about it:
- non-offensive fragrance (super light clean scent that doesn't linger after application)
- no greasy residue yet leaves skin looking glowy
- decent SPF
- easily available at a number of retailers (Sephora, Origins, The Bay, Macy's)
- a little goes a long way
- doesn't break me out
- my skin looks seriously healthy and plump when I use this in the morning!
- comes in a pot, so if you're a clean freak like me it might be a pain in the butt; Q-tip method is alright though
- skip this if you're having an "oily" day, even though it's oil free, it will enhance oil slick factor by midday
- $55 in the US, $69 in Canada (umm... woof.)
All in all, I am loving this lately!
Any Origins products that you love and recommend? Send the suggestions my way :)